Sunday, February 05, 2012

And Day 5 of 29... a good day to work.

It's been raining most of the day.
If I thought it was humid before, I was wrong.
My work table had a cold sweat.

I was sorting through my paper today and some of it, the hemp especially, felt so damp, like if I dropped a bit of ink on it the ink would just spread like a Rorschach ink blot.

My Yuanshu bamboo proofing paper was also super damp, making it feel even softer. During printing today I created three prints with tiny holes where the fibres in the paper just simply let go. Not sure if it was the added humidity or if it's just the nature of the paper. More prints will help me decide that.



While I have been carving every day, I haven't been printing everyday. I forgot what an endeavour it is to set up for printmaking, and how involved the clean up is, so it's better for me to have a few blocks to print and today I had four, bringing me up to date with the mandate of my project.

This print made me happy:

the bus pass print


It's my 31 day $25 dollar unlimited city of Key West bus pass. I actually haven't even used it yet as I've been walking everywhere but it looks like I need some groceries so on the bus I go. Wonder if it'll take me longer to wait for the bus, ride the bus, and then get off vs. walking to the grocery store?

the block it was printed from

The rain's stopped so I am off to get gas station chicken. Last time I was here I was introduced to this devilish delight. It's not the healthiest thing, but one meal once a week is ok. And that's today.

No comments: