Friday, April 24, 2020

With No Fanfare I Restart my Blog

Today is April 24, 2020. I have been in self-isolation due to Covid-19 since March 13, 2020. On that day I lost all the art spaces I travel to to make my art: a college, a printmaking studio, my own studio, a makerspace, a pottery studio.  I also lost everything I had been doing to make a living as a visual artist: future shows and sales, teaching opportunities, commissions etc.

So, don't tell anyone, but money is not the reason I make art. I make art cause if I don't make art I can never be happy. So while making art, for money, is necessary, making art, even if I'm not making money, is essential for my well-being. And so I keep trying to improve my skills. Keep challenging myself. 

I joined the #100dayproject on Instagram (@katieargyle7) to keep myself making something every day. Today is day 17 of 100 and I drew another artist.

It's not a good drawing, but I drew today. 
And that's very good.


No comments: