Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Merv Griffin In My Dreams

Merv Griffin came to me in a dream last night.

>We were seated at a table in a restaurant. Our waitress walked by and dropped the bill off for us. I reached to pick up the tab and realized I didn't have any money.
"Come with me," Merv said as we walked up to the cash register.
"Watch."
He reached into a pocket and pulled out a playing card and wrote his name on the back. He handed it to the cashier and she took it as cash.
"Someday you'll be able to do this too," he said.

There is a story about how Picasso loved to show how famous he was by giving his signature as payment for goods rendered. I am sure this is where my subconscious got that image from.

As an aside, Chris and I had a brief discussion as to who in the world today would be so famous that they would be able to pay for something with their signature alone. Who owns the most collectible signature today amongst the living? I have no clue. And it would have to be worldwide fame, not just niche fame. We wondered this as we walked to the local pizza place. Who could walk into your local pizza place and pay for a sub and a salad with a signature?
PS. rest in peace Merv.

No comments: