Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday Morning


As a treat to myself I bought this book, solely based on its cover (yes I do that) and it's a book I will read and re-read. I took it for the bus ride to school and found myself having to put it away to save it for the bus ride home. I would have finished it in one go. I LOVE THIS BOOK. It put a smile on my face that didn't go away all day.


It's a year in the life of an artist, Maira Kalman, fully illustrated with paintings, handwritten text that doesn't look like the type style you're reading right now, (Times Roman Western), and a sense of angst and curiosity and joy that I love.

I love this book.

But I'm supposed to be talking about Saturday. To my mind, Saturdays are days off so it's hard for me to force myself to really work on Saturday. I have set aside this weekend to make things for my three small xmas shows that start next weekend and go for the next three weekends. No homework or school stuff this weekend. Normally this would be lots of time to get ready but what with all my final assignments coming due at the same time I don't see that I'll have lots of time during the coming weeks to make things so I need to binge work this weekend.


But before I start I am going to leaf through the enormous amount of flyers which were waiting for me on the doorstep when I came home last night, get some coffee while I do that (I really enjoy flyers), and look forward to getting back to my new favourite book. In between though, I need to make things. I'd better start my day.

No comments: