Friday, December 13, 2013

Art Basel Miami 2013 - some big time prints & big name folk

The glory that was Art Basel seen from a rooftop garage

I'm not keeping to the blog making and posting schedule I thought I would do. 
Key West, where I am right now, is keeping me distracted. 



But as I try to deal with all my jpg's I've put together another 
packet of pictures from Art Basel Miami 2013.


There was an official magazine section at the fair.

The only place I saw the silkscreen mass-produced t-shirt, but it was a good one.

And then around the corner on that aisle were the only printmaking booths that I came across at the show, though I never made the trek through the whole thing. In a later post I'll show you some prints from these booths but first I'll wow you with some famous stuff:

Man Ray works
Shepard Fairey prints drew a big crowd.     
Curiously, these were some of the only pieces with the price stated right there for all to see.


Across the aisle this drew me in

A Warhol "acrylic and silkscreen on canvas construction"

and the maker of this?

No comments: