Friday, November 25, 2011

Richmond Hill Potters' Guild - Fall Sale Today thru Sunday

Today is the start of the three day Fall Sale of the work by the members of the Richmond Hill Potters' Guild. I was helping out with the set up of the members' work and there's some really good stuff. Honest.

Guild Hall: pre sale set-up day
Note the unique environs with all our wares perched atop looms!!
So many looms in one room!!



I made a bunch of things based on the idea of the Messenger. Since this is a public sale it's only happy messages this time round... the theme may carry on in other art media in other venues, but for now here are some of the things I made:


You Are My Island
close up of center of large bowl



You Are My Island large handbuilt bowl approx 24" diameter
stoneware, cone 6, underglaze and glaze


Messenger birds en masse


Two messengers of mine

Red Bird, handbuilt, wonky, cup and saucer set, made by me
cone 6, stoneware, glaze, underglaze


Fellow guild member Diane Thompson also made birds

As did Bev Turnbull


Garden Guardians by guild member Jeff Shortt
I am in LOVE with these characters.
For me they are the best in show.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Hope to see you at the sale this weekend.

1 comment:

Maya said...

I want all of these, they're fantastic!