Monday, January 02, 2017

My Quest to Try New Things: play that ukulele already - January 2nd, 2017

For my birthday in 2015 I got this sweet ukulele.
 
cat for size comparison
 I was so excited. I wanted one for a long long time and finally had a good one.

I tried to learn to play it from books.
I was highly motivated to play this song for instance. 

But learning from books is never easy for me. So I turned to youtube videos and just got frustrated. 

tuner!?
What I really wanted was a class.

so many songs
If I start in a class then I can follow up with the other methods. I learn better with others.

Yesterday I saw one advertised on kijiji* that's not too far from me. By the end of 2 hours on an otherwise ordinary Sunday in January, this class promises that I will be singing songs by the end of it. Yay! I am signed up.

I am hoping to attend some folk festivals this summer.
A folk festival is the right place to bring a ukulele. 
And so, this is one of my 2017 goals: to play ukulele at a folk festival. 

for an AMP!!! (lookout neighbours!!!)    

Ukulele Orchestra of GB - Shaft

 *possibly goal #2 of 2017: sell some stuff on kijiji

No comments: