Thursday, February 07, 2008

Mini Trips


I love to go on trips. I love getting in the car and driving away. This weekend we are looking forward to going to Toronto and claiming our Christmas gift: a night out at Medieval Times.

I've never been to Medieval Times. Sporting a degree in Medieval Art History and Medieval History, I know a little about Medieval Times myself, but you can always learn a thing or two.

I am bringing my camera.

The jousting session is accompanied by a meal. Here's what they say we get. I'll be disappointed if they give us a fork. Or anything plastic.

Toronto, Canada Castle
Bill of Fare

Garlic Bread
Tomato Bisque Soup
Roasted Chicken
Spare Rib
Herb-Basted Potato
Pastry of the Castle
Beverage


I had heard that the beverage was ice tea. This strikes me as distinctly not medieval. I'm looking for mead.

Anyway I hope to have a full report on this adventure Sunday when we return.

We're going to finally see Mr. Wayne Newton on our next mini trip in March. He postponed his performance last October, the week he was voted off Dancing with the Stars, and it was rescheduled from a Saturday night to a Wednesday night in March. I'm looking forward to that too! I'm living the dream.

No comments: