Write approx 4" x 6" recycled FP cover with plastic alphabet beads, hemp binding
Bubble Up gave me some trouble. As you can see I got a bubble in the plastic when heating it. This is another characteristic of the snapper... so instead of trying to cover it up, I used it. I called the book Bubble Up, emphasizing the bubble, and alluding to the fact that ideas seem to bubble up from within us, bursting into consciousness... I cut the matteboard and pressed it into the warm plastic and let it set before writing on it.
The pages of the books are just dollar store memo pads (4 for $1.00) and the binding is hemp cord, also found for a dollar. I made the covers separate to fit the memo pads then used a drill to make holes through the fp cover, the pad and the cardboard at the back. I held the book together while drilling with a big 3" clip.
My binding technique is quite poor, (if you're measuring it against bookbinding techniques),
but this is just a prototype, more to see if FP is a good material for this kind of project. And so we are back to the snapper again (old plastic that cracks). A lot of my cover is brittle. And while I like to see the underside of the plastic as the inside cover, it'd be way more durable to have glued, or fused some other material to it. Actually placing fabric face down, then putting pieces of friendly plastic on top of it and melting everything together would give me the flexibility and support I need. I think. Further testing will give me my answer.