Friday, March 06, 2009

As promised: Friendly Plastic on set

I last wrote about starting an animation using Friendly Plastic as my set and here are a few jpgs to see what I mean.

Here's the interviewer and his guest. Note the furniture. I melted FP onto
thin masonite and used the heat gun to fuse it to the material. I made the legs by sandwiching two pieces together and using the heat gun to fuse them, and I attached them to the table top and the chair bottom by melting a piece of fp onto the surface and pressing my already-made legs into it and holding it until the legs fused into place.

Macaroni is my guest star. He looks good here.

Here's another still, showing my spaghetti audience.



BTW I made my interviewer from what I learned in the Graeme Patterson workshop I was at this fall. Here's the post I made showing the construction of a puppet.

And here's Graeme's website. Take a look. I was lucky to have had the chance to learn from him.

No comments: