Monday, February 21, 2011
FREE Garage sale as in ALL ITEMS ARE FREE
Since I am moving and packing and purging I was very happy to come across this posting on the Ottawa Freecycle board. I have lots of stuff to get rid of. If you do too then consider dropping your things off at this "sale" (more like an exchange). I think this kind of thing should really be encouraged.
Free Garage Sale FINALLY! More free stuff and an opportunity for
you to get rid of your clutter! Bring your junk.
ps. When you donate to Value Village, they throw out a lot of things that they deem "unsuitable" . :)
WHEN: SUNDAY, February 27th, FROM 3:30 -5 PM. Insha'Allah.
WHERE: 68 Knoxdale (Mannordale Community Centre)
OCTRANSPO: take Bus route 172 direction Bayshore from Baseline. Arrive at stop KNOXDALE / CRAIG HENRY (4586) (5 min.). Walk over!
Bring items from your home that you don't want,
and you can take whatever you want for free! Just like a garage sale, except it's all FREE!
- - - Bring items you no longer want (clothes, small furniture,
decorations, kitchen items, toys, other kids items, electronics and everything else except huge items like mattresses, couches, etc)and then TAKE other people's stuff for FREE!
- - - There will also be a SADAQA Food Bank Donations accepted on site. Bring one or a few food items:). (No expired or broken items please!)
- - - The are two purposes for this event. One is to save the landfills from filling with more garbage. We have to save the Earth as it is our gift. We cannot trash our beautiful gift. We will also be saving trees and natural resources, as the person who takes your item won't have to buy it. The second purpose is for the community to benefit. So you clean your home and you can save money for your family by taking something you need from the garage sale instead of buying it! Then you can spend that money elsewhere!
- - - Invite your neighbors, and give a lift to a friend who doesn't have a car. Let's make this a charitable event. If you can't donate items for other people, then DONATE your time by bringing someone over to the event and taking them back home.
- - - At the very end of the event, all leftover items will be donated to Value Village after it has been posted to the FreeCycle Community (www.freecycle. org)
Last event, no items had to be donated to Value Village as they were all given away one by one through Kijiji Free Section.
- - - Click "Attending" on Facebook so I can let you know about our next spring event!
http://www.facebook .com/event. php?eid=15047661 4985324&ref= mf
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
For a FACEBOOK group of Free Stuff all year round with pictures:
http://www.facebook .com/group. php?gid=22323073 55