Tuesday, May 10, 2016

News! Pt. 1 (and no, not that I am finally blogging again, though that *is* kind of newsworthy.)

Dear Faithful Reader:



As you know, I have been neglecting my blog. Why? Why did I do that to you, to me, to us? Nevermind faithful, forgiving, reader. Lets put things behind us and more ever forward! I have news and updates and a whole bunch of stuff to report.

I suppose that's the advantage of never updating. You end up with stuff to say.



So, since last year I can tell you I have won two awards! One for painting and one for ceramics!
In November 2015 I won the Inaugural RHGA York Region Open Juried Show Award of Merit for my painting called Still Life-Cold Version.
Still Life-Cold Version, acrylic on canvas, 24" x 48"


And at the 2016 Hill Potters' Guild Spring Sale I shared the Inaugural Mayor's Choice Award with my ceramics collaborative potter friend Minda Davis for our work in the form of a large cone 6 stoneware thrown and Mishima decorated bowl called "Hey! I'm Empty!"
Hey! I'm Empty bowl - cone 6 wheelthrown and Mishima decorated
Richmond Hill's Mayor Barrow with the Mayor's Choice Award Winner. (pssttt... he kept it for himself! Merci Mr. Mayor!)

No comments: