Friday, April 23, 2010

Hilson Marketplace: Artisan and Community Sale

It's spring cleaning/garage sale season. And after years of not sorting sand clearing things out, I have decided to release some of my treasures into the waiting arms of.... you perhaps?

I'm doing my first garage sale and thought I'd try it with a bunch of other folks doing the same thing. So far I have some books, a tent, a foot massager warm bath thingy that was great when I worked retail on my feet for hours and hours, quite a bit of gardening related items. I love to garden but where I live now it's really heart-breaking. Too many critters, not enough sun, zealous landlords that cut stuff down. It's too much of a battle for me so I am selling my tabletop grow lights, complete with replacement bulbs and trays. Also a balcony planter new in box. A Santa ceramic dish new in box. A kitty cat fountain new in box. Two twirly Christmas light trees new in box.

And various odds and ends.

Artists collect weird stuff.

Here's where I will be:

Hilson Marketplace: Artisan & Community Sale

Presented by: Hilson Avenue Public School

This annual community sale brings together artisans and community members to sell art, crafts and basement treasures. There will be a café/BBQ, children's activities and a silent auction. All proceeds will support Hilson Avenue elementary students.


Dates: April 24, 2010
On: 9 am to 1 pm
Cost: Free Event
At: Hilson Avenue Public School
407 Hilson Avenue
Ottawa

No comments: