Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This Weekend! Lumiere Festival and Kingston Womens' Art Festival

Okay so I have a jam-packed calendar this weekend.
Two (2) events. One (1) weekend.

EVENT #1 Lumiere Festival

The Ottawa Lumiere Festival is this Saturday, August 20th, from 5pm to 10pm
located in Stanley Park (New Edinburgh area) MAP

I will have a sculpture installation for the festival entitled Fool For Love. Once more I will be showing my work on the wonderful water of the Rideau River.

Here's a reminder of my work from last year's festival. I hope to top it!

One Way -- The Ferryman and the River Rideau, 2010
packing tape, LED lights, clipboard, paper, coins, canoe


This is my post about last year's event

http://lumiereottawa.com/about/


EVENT #2 Kingston Womens' Art Festival More Info Here

On Sunday, August 21st, from 10am to 5pm, you will find me in Kingston's gorgeous City Park
(map here). I will be in booth#96 (which looks to be a great location for me to see the entertainment!).

It's been a few years since I attended the festival and I'm looking forward to being there this weekend.

I'll have mostly paintings with me



plus a few Mirrors of Positive Affirmation.


I've never done two shows back to back so if I am spacier than usual on the Sunday just know I did it for my Art.

Hope to see you at one of these events.

2 comments:

Cindi said...

This is great - both events featuring your amazing creative talents! Good Luck and have fun!

redcatdance said...

Thanks Cindi for your positive comment. I'm still fine-tuning my piece for Lumiere and still working on things for the Kingston show. I can't wait to see how things turn out!