Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day #4 - one day left - feels like not enough

 I got to the site and prepared to make great progress on my piece today.

 As usual, I got comfortable, always preferring to work bare feet if at all possible. 
I had a full coffee on hand



 a vague idea



a favorite 6B pencil to refine those ideas as I sat on my stool in front of my work in progress.


Today I moved back to my original spot by the fence at the back. They have some kind of lawn irrigation system at the front where I was yesterday. Since it was hot, it was ok to have damp feet all  day, but today was cooler, and overcast, so it was tolerable back there. Plus I discovered I could prop my boards up off the grass using rocks from the rock pile, so I was feeling pretty smug about today's set-up.

I finished one medallion: Diverse
worked on Safe (not ready for publication--needs work) and began Efficient
when the skies opened up. I dragged my boards into the big tent and spent the rest of the day learning how to paint when your dibond aluminum boards are propped up on bricks so they don't get flooded from the rain and the wind, all the while 
ducking as the tent's loose sides fly in over your head. The sides need to be open cause otherwise it is too dark.

After I went for coffee, I completed Efficient


Then added this guy
beside the Affordable medallion, which was also completed.

Tomorrow is the last day. I need to finish all of the outer border, add details to the interior map, do touch-ups and the remaining 4 medallions, including this one, which was a personal challenge for me today.



No comments: