Monday, December 10, 2007

It came to me in a dream

Well. After much worry I finally retrieved the images from my memory card that I knew I took but didn't show up! Why I was desperate to do this was to show you this.



Friday night after the first day of the Carp Xmas Show I came home and the house smelled like gasoline. I live in a row of townhouses and the heating ducts are common to us all so when they repaint a unit, we get the full force of the fumes. The last time that happened I woke up in the middle of the night with a giant throbbing headache. So when I woke up at 4:30am Saturday morning I just got up. What was good was I dreamt this painting. It was on my mind when I opened my eyes and so I just got out the paints and did it. It's on a 24 x 48 canvas. I love it. Why I never thought to invert a character is beyond me but here it is. I can see many more like this and variations of this to come in the future. Thank you subconscious.

No comments: