Sunday, December 21, 2008

7:04am

welcome back sun.


Winter Solstice arrived at 7:04am today. Snuggly, under heavy covers, I watched the clock as it brought back the sun. I look forward to Winter Solstice more than any other event during the whole year. I can now accept the snow on the ground, even though it arrived weeks ago. The cold and dark make sense to me, but I also know the days are starting to get longer and we are marching ever forward into Spring. Our forecast today includes a snowfall warning: 15 to 20 cm. Even Vancouver has a warning for 20 cm of snow as does the east coast.
I am not alone in this.
The snow has already started here and it's not the kind of snow you can make a snowman out of. I've been thinking of snowmen and what kind of snowman I want to make when I get the chance. That's not today.
Today we'll be shoveling off the doorstep and the walkway
clearing a path out and back. This kind of weather makes you appreciate the roof over your head and creates a deep feeling of gratitude to have a place to stay in from the cold.
I am lucky to have that.
Happy Winter Solstice.

4 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

Happy winter solstice to you too.

And I had to share this video with you since you are into plastic. I made it as part of a school project this year. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydqBAzeOOTI

redcatdance said...

Hello Rrramone! I watched your video. Interesting. Have you made more plastic things? And are you an art student or teacher? I'm a student... last half of my last year coming up! woohoo.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
Personalized Signature:我喜欢淮安掼蛋,靖江青儿,南通长牌,姜堰23张,常州麻将这些地方言游戏

Anonymous said...

Although there are differences in content, but I still want you to establish Links, I do not know how you advice!
Cargo Net