Saturday, August 01, 2015

Artist in Residence Pt 1- Day 1 - Mill Pond Gallery, Richmond Hill

The OPEN window
 I started my first of two artist in residence weeks at the Mill Pond Gallery yesterday. This site is a house now used as the home of the RHGA: Richmond Hill Group of Artists. I am a new member. 

from home studio to temporary home studio

Lucky for me, they decided to try an Artist in Residence program over the summer to coincide with the Mill Pond Concert series across the street at the (yep) Mill Pond. 

front room with fireplace and mantle
large front window
front room
The Gallery is given over to the artist or artists to display their work and to make work. For me, it is an opportunity to simply see my work. I have one small wall in my studio, to see my artwork. It took me the whole day to transport, and install my work. The labels are done for the downstairs area but much is left to do upstairs. I'll spend some of the (short) day today doing that but have to begin my work today. 
hallway space
My plans for the week including carving a block a day for my residency and making a multi-image print representing my time here. In addition I will start my next large scale suburban-themed woodcut and a large scale painting. Topic still to be decided. These projects will continue into my second residency at the end of the month.

stairwell

funny stuff all upstairs
This is a real treat. I have searched my archives and on display are all my big pieces. Some new, some old. It feels like a retrospective and a new start at the same time.
 
the sun sets on Day#1

Drop by anytime I am around. 
Residency Info and Hours:

Mill Pond Gallery
314 Mill Street
Richmond Hill, ON


Gallery Open/Artist in Residence
July 31-Aug 6
HOURS in attendance:
Fri July 31: 1pm-8pm
Sat Aug 1: 12pm-5pm
Sun Aug 2: 12pm-5pm
Mon Aug 3: 1pm-8pm
Tues Aug 4: Gallery Open 1pm.
NOTE: I'm in attendance: 5:30pm-8pm
Wed Aug 5: 1pm-8pm
Thurs Aug 6: 1pm-10pm
 
BONUS *rainbow* on my way home



No comments: