Thursday, March 08, 2012

Hillary House 150th Anniversary Exhibit

While in Key West I came across the call for submissions to the 150th Anniversary Art at the Manor exhibit in Aurora.


Aurora is about 20 minutes north of where I live. The Manor is the only official historical site in Aurora with a history of medical doctors occupying the site. They lived and worked there. The house is full of artefacts, documents and paraphrenalia. As a participating artist I will be allowed to spend some time with the obects that interest me in order to create a few prints expressing my own interpretaion of the site.

I'm really intrigued by this project.

More information on Hillary House can be found here

The images below are from their website. Soon I'll see them, and more, in person.


family momentos

fireplace


for medicinal purposes


Hillary House, Aurora, Ontario

No comments: