Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Favorite Spam

I received this spam this morning and I think it's an all time great.
Dearest one,
How was your day, I hope fine? it is my great desire of going into business and parental relationship with you. I am quite aware that my message will come to you as a surprise because it is indeed very strange for someone you have not met before to contact you in this regard.
My name is James Banie, from Cote d’Ivoire, West Africa the only son of late Frederick Banie. He died mysteriously in France during one of his business trips Abroad year 12th.Feb. 2004. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been master-minded by a brother of his who travelled with him at that time. But God knows the truth!


I enjoy all kinds of superfluous unwanted things. Flyers, posters, ads of all kinds. I enjoy spam too, but I can say that as I am not flooded with it and so far it's been manageable and at times entertaining. This one is a twist on the Nigerian money scheme of course, but the "parental relationship" angle got me... and then the murder mystery to boot! It's all creative fiction writing for the purpose of luring you in emotionally and getting your money.
A con.
It'd be funny if I didn't know that people do get suckered by this kind of thing. Their own greed and the notion they are, maybe, helping someone out as well as helping themselves.
Win-win.
Never.

No comments: