Monday, August 20, 2007

Book #23 Cashiers in Training


This book was created while I sat at the Cobourg Waterfront Festival on July 1st, 2006. I had a great view, overlooking the harbour. It was a great day too, sunny and breezy. Nice. A real summer day. The sales were poor though. There's no Special Cobourg Edition for 2007.

As for the subject matter, I've been a cashier in training many times. I've felt all the things in this little book. I think we may have gone into the Tim's that morning and seen some poor soul struggling to keep pace with the customers, the co-workers, and the bosses. It looks easy but only once you know what you're doing.

Why am I choosing to post this book? I think it's a way to wrap up my summer selling season. The Kingston show was the last of my summer shows on the road. It's all local farmers' markets now and school starts in a few weeks and, well, I'm just reflecting. Last year Cobourg was one of the big road shows I was looking forward to that, while enjoyable, was not worth a return visit. We did spend three great nights at a local campsite for about $30.00 or so and we camped right near a stream, or was it a creek? The water was really loud when we first got there but by the end of our visit we hardly noticed it. But I digress.

This is another of my one page books, #23 in the series. Print it onto a sheet of paper, fold, cut and re-fold, and enjoy this word snack. If you don't know how to do this see making one page books.

No comments: