Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day Olds - August 15th, 2007 - Lady Frame


Hey Lady!
I used to make picture frames with friendly plastic. I haven't in some time. I made the whole thing from scratch. I didn't feel very satisfied by making them. But if someone asks, I still make them on request.

A friend of mine just rescued a picture frame I'd made for a client years ago from the Salvation Army. It was a Harley Davidson, (I remember working to get the rims right and the handlebars), and a rabbit with a caption that said "Joanie you're a wild thing!" or something like that. This isn't the first time something I made ended up at a second hand store. It's kind of a back-handed compliment in that it wasn't wanted anymore but it wasn't something that someone was going to throw out either. I have seen pieces of work done by fellow artists that I know at the Salvation Army myself. After years of making and selling things, it's bound to happen.

Today's image is from my archives. The brown used in this composition is no longer made by the manufacturer of friendly plastic, though the heavily patterned, and generally unusable, red and gold colour still is. Go figure.

I really enjoy making women. I especially love giving them little purses and big hair. These are two things that I don't sport myself but I can fulfill that side of me through my art.

No comments: