Sunday, July 22, 2007

Done For Another Year. July 22nd, 2007.

And it's over. Art in Minto Park, year two, is history. It was a funny show this year. I think it was the weather. We've had such lousy weekends all summer, kind of cool and with at least one rainy weekend day every weekend, that this weekend people were just taking in the sun. They were strolling, and eyeing things casually, in no particular hurry. It makes for a nice atmosphere, and a relaxing time, if you remember you're working outside and it's not cool, and not rainy, but sales can be slow with people just taking in the sun. I had a good show, and I enjoyed myself, and I came up with countless get-rich-quick schemes, none of which will come to fruition, but interesting ideas nonetheless. I also got some great pictures to think on.
This one's a favorite. Here's a little guy earning his keep as a pack animal. I was dying to know what were in those pouches. Treats? Doggie bags to attend to his business?? I'll never know. They were here and gone.








And then at the end of the show we saw this:











I know it's hard to tell what it is, maybe this will help:


Like the Sasquatch, we were all amazed to see two pigeons in a tree. When have you ever seen a pigeon in a tree? Rooftop? Yes. Street? Yep. Statue? Cliche. But a tree? Me? I'd never seen this before. It's kind of fitting that my great 10x zoom camera got this lousy shot of the pigeons in a tree. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't believe that that's what they were, but I saw them, and I know it's true.

No comments: