Friday, July 20, 2007

Preview for Minto Art in the Park

Three Billy Goats Bluff
24" x 24" acrylic on canvas painting

So this is a sample of what I've been hard at work on all this week. It's why this has been a week of Day Olds without any Fresh Plastic to show you. I'm trying to get as many paintings done for this weekend's Art in the Park as I can.

Here in Ottawa we now have 3 of these shows during the summer. This is the newest, being the second year for the show, in a great downtown location. Being new you never know what kind of crowd it will be, or even if there will be a crowd. The good thing though is there's a coffee place across the street and my friends will be there with me.

Of course I hope to sell things, I make my living with my art, but I do the best I can, show up, and then have a good time being there. Pretty much everything else is out of my control. And if you want to do this kind of work, you have to accept that.

Let's hope the weatherman is right and it's a nice summery day tomorrow.

Drop By Details: Minto Art in the Park

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Elgin Street, Downtown, across from Jack Purcell Community Center

Saturday 10 - 7 Sunday 10 - 6

Booth #15

No comments: