Thursday, July 12, 2007

Here and Gone

Never Shy Away From Battle
8" x 24" acrylic on canvas

I painted this last week, debuting it at the Ottawa Farmers' Market last Sunday. It sold the same day. I really enjoyed painting it. The dragon was just so charming to me. Every stroke of paint made me feel that creature. I enjoy pairing up unlikely subjects with clashing colours. It's interesting to see how all that works out.

I'm working on several paintings now, getting ready for Art in Minto Park on Elgin Street July 21/22. I'm hoping to have several new works and a couple of extra large pieces as well. This year has been very strong for me creatively. I seem to have a lot of energy for making things. I credit going to school with that. It makes me happy to learn things and that happiness fuels my art. It's not always easy, and creativity does not always flow, so I appreciate times like these when it does.

No comments: